Welcome to the Darkfall: Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Discussion: Early Access Road Map 2017

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MWTaylor, Jan 7, 2017.

1. HeHateU

HeHateU Goblin Warlord
    Legend

yep that's what are Governers sound like to. they know what's best for us.
    --- Post updated ---
    yes UW did this so must be a good decision

aparks likes this.
  2. Ford Prefect

Ford Prefect Varangian Warthane
    Legend

I predict this will never happen unless you can list a full armor set at once. I have rarely seen player vendors that stock armor because it is a PITA.

3. DestLocke

DestLocke Director of Development / Game Design
    Staff Member Team Lead Game Designer

There very well might be bank near; or it might be a quick portal hop away, or you might use your house to bank, or something all together new. The posibilities are endless. One thing is for sure, it will be better than the situation is currently with chaos stones.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Fengor likes this.
  4. kilrain

kilrain Obsidian Golem
    Game Developer

When I implement the new player vendors I'm not going to use the old version at all and will in turn change the village vendors into the new versions. I imagine each slot setup so that you can place any single item you want in, including a bag containing items and others will be able to sift through and examine before they purchase. You'll also be able to label it however you wish and set whatever price as well.

5. BeatIt

BeatIt Chosen of Khamset
    Legend

remove WOF reduce screen shake

Korak and Circa like this.
  6. DestLocke

DestLocke Director of Development / Game Design
    Staff Member Team Lead Game Designer

In a perfect world. We can and will be tweaking and adding more post launch though no doubt, which we would be doing either way, even if we managed to get them in a month or two before.

7. kilrain

kilrain Obsidian Golem
    Game Developer

Mind being more specific?

8. Pink Taco

Pink Taco Chosen of Khamset
    Hero

Can we get Asheron's Calls load screen? The little twisting teleport tunnel... made me feel like I was goin somewhere... thx :D

9. aparks

aparks Varangian Warthane
    Legend

I'd personally like radial hot buttons so I can play with my 360 controller

10. kilrain

kilrain Obsidian Golem
    Game Developer

Trying to associate our changes with UW are unfounded and tiring to be quite honest. I don't know of a single instance of anyone on the dev team saying, "Hey guys, UW had this we should add it too!". It's more like, "Hey, (SWG/UO/EVE) has some really awesome stuff, lets look at those for inspiration".

I guess if you insist on drawing a connection to UW then there's nothing I can do to convince you.

11. Slayven

Slayven Chosen of Khamset
    Legend

k understood lets do this shit.

DestLocke likes this.
  12. Ford Prefect

Ford Prefect Varangian Warthane
    Legend

This would be awesome!!!

Dixie Normus likes this.
  13. Green Chili

Green Chili Akathar
    Legend

100 percent. Trolls gonna be trolls.

I think we need to turn on some down voting functionality if supported by this forum's software. Of course, it would be abused, but if you get too many down votes on your acct. per day ALL of your posts posts get moved to the TROLL subsection of the forums after the off -topic heading and all of the daily troll post are moved in to 1 gigantic thread. Do not allow player base to create any threads in the Troll section your post either gets voted into this never-ending thread or it doesn't, you can't actively post there.

Pick a couple of active Forumfallers to be the moderating council for the Troll thread, to maybe curb some blatant like/dislike bots. If you get voted into the Troll thread all of your following post for the week are automatically moved to the Troll thread.

Of course, I'm only being half serious but the never-ending whining and trolling is annoying for everyone from the devs., to the current community, and potential newcomers, and probably better to weed out at least a little bit of the pointless shit-posting from the main forums.

Durum Pugnator and DestLocke like this.
  14. Korag

Korag Black Knight
    Hero

seriously they were populated in df1 and a lot. Ice was a major hot spot for a lot of df1, and seelie was sieged soo many time, tons of pop and pvp
    --- Post updated ---
    they mentioned 60 to 70 in previous threads

15. RootedOak

RootedOak Obsidian Golem
    Legend

Downvotes controlling conversation always leads to a one mind discussion. That's why reddit can be annoying often times.

Say anything that isn't the latest treND and you get shit on.

Battle Smurf, Fengor, HeHateU and 2 others like this.
  16. Green Chili

Green Chili Akathar
    Legend

Of course, I think I acknowledged that in the OP, however a 2-3 person moderating council can HELP to all alleviate some of this. And I think we can agree blatant "This is stupid because I don't like it" doesn't add anything, except "morale loss" to the devs, community, and new bloods.

Personally, I don't block people on forums, because I don't mind reading differing points of view. This type of trolling is even more toxic in a smaller/niche community.

Say your piece, if you like. I don't want to derail the thread further regarding this.

17. RootedOak

RootedOak Obsidian Golem
    Legend

Show me a troll post.

HeHateU likes this.
  18. HeHateU

HeHateU Goblin Warlord
    Legend

yes UW did this so must be a good
    ok I am gonna call my launch character Skin To Win because I have to skin for just about everything to craft. is there any other way?
    taking 5 different mats and gold inflation to make anything is not fun. you have killed the progression "grind" and replaced it with a skinning or gather 5 more of these grind.
    front loading the character progress but sticking it to them on gear grind is with 10 micro managing mats and a ton of gold is way worse than DF1 original gameplay.

19. Fengor

Fengor Chosen of Khamset

Portals most definitely need to cost between 100-500 gold depending on the distance if the port. It was essentially the only constant drain in UW economy, but worked decently enough. It's a large, consistent gold sink, which we definitely need in RoA.

Also, wilderness chambers became one of the best hotspots in the game. So that could be a nice bonus as wel.

#119 Fengor, Jan 7, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
  20. PENETRATOR

PENETRATOR Air Elemental
    Legend

I believe RoA is doomed from the way things are going. I'm not trying to discourage devs but hoping for a change of plans. UW comparison is deserved.

Circa and aparks like this.