Welcome to the Darkfall: Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

My idea for Sea Towers

Discussion in 'Game Design Discussion' started by Sintan, Mar 20, 2017 at 6:16 PM.

1. Sintan

Sintan Deadeye
    Legend

Currently Sea Towers are a last hit loot pinata in a game where naval combat is at an all time low. I posted this idea in another thread but I don't think it will get much attention there so I'm just going to copy paste the post here.

I want to see the tower itself involved. Make it a king of the hill game. The defending clan gets a recall to the tower that can be used like once every hour or once total. Remove the ability to mark runes inside the tower like in dungeons. Increase the damage of the Sea Tower cannons to like 100 and give them a lifebar (non repairable). Have the ladders of the tower rolled up or otherwise inaccessible until the cannons are blown up or give access to each respective ladder as its cannon dies. Add a control point like object to the center of the tower that becomes vulnerable the instant the tower goes live. The defending clan has to hold the tower for a set time before they remain the owner and the attackers have that time to break it down with spikes or hammers or w/e you can get up there.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. Nat

Nat Obsidian Golem
    Legend

It's not a bad idea but this would mean abandoning or slowly despawning a boat, or arriving on a raft/launch and storming the tower. Defenders get a huge advantage.

3. Sintan

Sintan Deadeye
    Legend

In an ideal world you could skeleton crew a boat while you storm the tower. I'm not sure how to fix the chokepoints that would be created against the attackers. I haven't really flushed it out or thought much on it.

I just hate how there is literally no reason to ever get closer than like 200 meters to the sea tower and you only need to shoot 1 cannon shot to possibly get 800 rare ore

4. Nightmare UDL

Nightmare UDL Spellgazer
    Legend

Or an easy temp fix would be make them like village caps and have the loot go into all the people on the capping boats inventory. So they have to actually get away too in order to earn the loot.

5. Sintan

Sintan Deadeye
    Legend

easy enough on a schooner with 10+ repairers

6. Vic

Vic Wildtribe Mage
    Legend

Has something changed? Village rewards just go to the clan/last person to hit it!?!?!?!

7. Nightmare UDL

Nightmare UDL Spellgazer
    Legend

Village caps share rewards with the partied clan members / bonus goes to last hit to just the individual. All of the loot goes on the persons not somehow magically goes into a bank far far away.

8. RootedOak

RootedOak Obsidian Golem
    Legend

Not sure if you've been to the Sea Tower in beta, but being on a Schooner means you always get away now. You'd have to get insta-popped to really get sunk or if there was like a broadsided SotL or Manowar or Frigate... something to really slow you down.

Boats are so fast now that by the time you get some damage in they're getting too far away to swing around and gain on them.

9. miasMa

miasMa Winterbound
    Legend

I would like seatowers overhauled but I think it needs to involve ships more and remove the radomness from the cap but not make it to where zergs auto win.

10. Bojangles

Bojangles Infernal
    Legend

I made a suggestion to have the cannons be able to have a cumulative 360 degree viewpoint so that ships can't sit in a blind-spot and gamble. Would make players have to actually jump in and fight over the sea tower. Simple change letting the cannons move a bit more to the left and right and fixes the current meta where players could literally go to the sea tower naked with repair shards/powder and be fine. If someone fights at the sea tower the way it is currently, they chose to simply because they are bored and want pvp. The mechanics reward avoiding fights and ship combat doesn't have the depth to be fun on its own. I really hope they address sea towers before launch though. Wasted pvp mechanic.

Super Star likes this.